You will find here

Short independent reviews of both blockbusters and overlooked small movie masterpieces.

Rescue Dawn

Posted by pantherion Labels: , , ,

Hi! Let me begin with my latest discovery. Werner Herzog's Rescue Dawn. This film has been lying on my shelf for a long while and I wasn't really very keen on watching it. Werner Herzog (the guy who recently makes slow-paced documentaries) and a war movie? This didn't add-up. Well, as you've probably guessed by now I was wrong. Very wrong. First of all, IT IS NOT A WAR FILM in a common meaning of the expression. It is a beautiful story of male friendship and sacrifice, although set in Laosian jungle (mostly in a POW camp) during the Vietnam war. The visuals are astonishing, the story is incredibly tense and gripping, everything told with warmth and humor. I can honestly recommend it to anybody. You won't be disappointed.
9/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment